Old injuries weaken the structures around the brain. The nervous system weakens over time, allowing them both to become misaligned. A misalignment at the base of the head (upper cervical spine) have been shown to cause changes in the way the brain and nervous system control the body.
Nerve flow and circulation between the brain-stem and the body becomes altered. This causes an increase in muscle tone along one side of the body, stressing the shoulder, spine, pelvis and hips. It also begins to affect the autonomic control of the internal organs of the body.
Increasing Pain and Degeneration
Over time, pain develops throughout the body and joints begin to age prematurely leading to arthritis and degeneration. Disrupted autonomic control can develop into chronic asthma, allergies, high blood pressure, digestive problems, acid re-flux, fatigue and many other symptoms. The upper cervical chiropractic treatment technique known as Advanced Atlas Orthogonal is an effective way to counteract these common nervous system issues.
Effect #1 Chronic Pain
Over time, chronic pain develops in the body.
- Headaches, joint and muscle pain become increasingly worse.
- Your discs start to bulge.
- You feel like you are getting old or your body is falling apart.
- Your MD recommends drugs, cortisone shots, or surgery.
Effect #2: Health Issues
Your autonomic system is not working right, so different functions begin to break down.
- You may start to get vertigo, headaches, brain fog, ringing in the ears or asthma.
- Low immune function, chronic allergies, acid re-flux, heart palpitations.
- Digestive problems, fatigue, or other unrelated symptoms.
Effect #3: A Mix of Both
You may have a combination of symptoms and try different drugs, surgeries, general chiropractors, or alternative health therapies. If you think you have signs of an upper cervical misalignment, there’s a drug-free solution.